Re: [Evolution] My sent folder does not get synchronized

On Mon, 2006-02-20 at 05:36 +0100, guenther wrote:
[...]
When setting up a non-default Sent folder, choosing a mail folder on my
IMAP server, it should be clear that this folder is accessed using this
very protocol, no? I'm slightly confused...

Nothing to get worked up about Guenther, just my perennial complaint
about lack of documentation :-)

Did you just volunteer to contribute to the documentation, cleaning it
up and adding missing pieces. ;-)

Er, no :-) I have no problem helping people with style or vocabulary,
but writing technical docs requires one to understand the object under
discussion, and there's lots of Evo I don't understand (which is why I
complain about lack of documentation ...) or don't care about (all the
Exchange stuff for example).

Nah, I'm not getting worked up [1] about it. It's just that I don't see
the need to document things like this. But then I am fully aware that I
am not a regular user and sometimes have professional blinders on [2].
In fact, I never read the documentation (I only happen to know who wrote
parts of it), so I don't know if it is any good. ;-)

That works for you, but I'm afraid it's a non-starter for Joe User. IMHO
Evo needs a) a tutorial introduction, and b) a reference manual, both of
which should be fully searchable. It more or less has (a) in the form of
the online help (which has been improving, but still has no search), but
there's no sign of (b), and that's where you need someone with intimate
knowledge of how the software really works. I strongly suspect we don't
have a (b) because Evo doesn't really have a written specification that
developers adhere to. This is par for the course in free software
development, but it does have its downside.

poc