[Evolution] Evolution 2.6.2 Formatting toolbar

I just upgraded to 2.6.2 and gnome 2.14.2 - and a really annoying
feature was introduced.

Each time I create a new message, there is now a formatting toolbar
between the subject line and the message pane.  I can tab twice to get
past it, but cannot shift-tab to get back above it to the subject line.
All of my emails are plain text and I really hate it, but do not want to
switch back to thunderbird.

I have been through every setting I can think of and am unable to get
rid of it.  Is there a setting I am overlooking, or a compile option I
missed, or something?  I hope so - please help!

Thanks,

Greg