Re: [Evolution] mail staying in trash folder

On Tue, 2006-08-22 at 08:24 +0300, K. Elo wrote:

Hi again :)

I noticed that mail I delete from my imap account goes to the imap
"trash" virtual folder.  So far so good.  However, I have email's in
there from July - possibly every mail I've ever deleted is still there
(since installing version 2.6.2 of evolution).

Is deleting these emails supposed to be an evolution thing, or does evo
just mark them for deletion, and the imap folder handles it later?

Have You tried to expunge your folders (Crtl+E). This cleans out the
trash bin and permanently removes all deleted messages.

There is also a configuration option (Edit->Preferences->Email
preferences) for automating this task ("Expunge folders" or something
like that).

that did it, thanks.  I knew the option was there somewhere... you'd
think after all these years of using evolution, I'd know that already...

cya,

Take everything in stride.  Trample anyone who gets in your way.