[Evolution] mail staying in trash folder

Hi again :)

I noticed that mail I delete from my imap account goes to the imap
"trash" virtual folder.  So far so good.  However, I have email's in
there from July - possibly every mail I've ever deleted is still there
(since installing version 2.6.2 of evolution).

Is deleting these emails supposed to be an evolution thing, or does evo
just mark them for deletion, and the imap folder handles it later?

thanks,

We have found all life forms in the galaxy are capable of superior
development.
                -- Kirk, "The Gamesters of Triskelion", stardate 3211.7