Re: [Evolution] mail staying in trash folder

Hi again :)

I noticed that mail I delete from my imap account goes to the imap
"trash" virtual folder.  So far so good.  However, I have email's in
there from July - possibly every mail I've ever deleted is still there
(since installing version 2.6.2 of evolution).

Is deleting these emails supposed to be an evolution thing, or does evo
just mark them for deletion, and the imap folder handles it later?

Have You tried to expunge your folders (Crtl+E). This cleans out the
trash bin and permanently removes all deleted messages.

There is also a configuration option (Edit->Preferences->Email
preferences) for automating this task ("Expunge folders" or something
like that).

Hope this helps,
Kimmo