Re: [Evolution] RE : Re: automatically genereted contacts

salut jo,

Am Sonntag, den 13.08.2006, 16:53 -0400 schrieb me stesso:
well.... what shall I say....under *precises* conditions, asking
random questions could be a very renewing practice, did'nt you know?

:-)

too complicated to explain, Andre. I have backed up my /home (befor a
format and a new installation of ubuntu 6.06) but thats not the point,
the contacts.db that is in it is ridicolously inconsistent  in
relations to the size of my inbox (it contains not more than 20
addresses while there are more than 8000 incoming msgs in the inbox,
from i guess, 100/150 persons with which i would like to be in
contact).

then you wouldn't want to have an addressbook with 5000 entries, would
you? (but i guess this would happen if you import every single address.)
sounds like a huge overload to me.

That's why i was asking a way to extract the addresses: I do not have
a contacts file who is worthy to restore.

hmm... i see... anyway, just for your interest, guenther once posted his
generic address book recovery instructions at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2006-January/msg00204.html

i don't think that there is an easy way to import every address
contained in incoming mail to the address book, at least none that i
know of - right-clicking on every email address and using the "add
contact to address book" option would at least make sure that you only
have those contacts stored that you really need. :-/

cheers,
andre

--
 mailto:ak-47 gmx net | failed!