Re: [Evolution] Nit re: 'Hide read' and 'Show Hidden'

hi bill,

Am Montag, den 14.08.2006, 09:09 -0400 schrieb William Case:
Is there a way to set up a toolbar button and/or short cut key to toggle
between 'Hide Read Messages' and 'Show Hidden Messages'?

When I read through my messages, sorted by date in descending order, I
sometimes miss one or two.  I can find them by using Menu ==> View ==>
'Hide Read Messages'; read them and/or mark them and then toggle back
with Menu ==> View ==> 'Show Hidden Messages'.  I would like to do this
quickly.

having root access, you can change/add accelerator keys of existing menu
items by editing the corresponding xml file.
so have a look at "/usr/share/evolution/2.6/ui/evolution-mail-list.xml"
directory (depends on distro style; e.g. suse uses /opt/gnome/ instead
of /usr/) and add accel values to "ViewHideRead" and "ViewShowAll", for
example: accel="Control**Shift*H"
(also check the other examples in that file.) be careful though, as you
can easily break things.

cheers,
andre

--