[Evolution] InBox mail does not show

Hi!

I like Evolution on my Debian Ubuntu desktop, but it only shows the contents of some of the mail folders. I have been forced to switch to Thunderbird to read mail (and I am not happy with its Contacts management).
Using Evolution:-
The On This Computer Inbox shows a welcoming email from The Evolution Team, and no other emails.
The On This Computer  Sent folder shows the emails I have sent.

Using Thunderbird I can read the mails in all of about 20 folders.

A similar difficulty occurred a few months ago on another machine on the same network, and that too has been changed from using Evolution to using Thunderbird; any hints will benefit two users :-)

Thanks
Laurie

--
Laurie van Someren Aleph One Limited The Old Courthouse Bottisham CAMBRIDGE CB5 9BA UK T: +44 1223 811 679 F: +44 1223 812 713