Re: [Evolution] Renaming Imap folders

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 10:14 +0100, Oli wrote:
Hi,

I've got a problem with renaming folders in Evolution 2.4.1 when
connected to a Maildir based Imap mailstore.

If the folder being renamed has children, the children are not renamed
and the user is left with what looks like the old and new parent folders
shown in the folder tree.

Due to the way Maildir works, the child system dirs on the mailserver
containing the mail have the names of their parents in the dir name.
The actual parent gets renamed, but this 'old' parent still exists in
the child file names.  Evolution then presents this 'old' parent in the
heirarchy but complains bitterly that it doesn't exist when you click on it.

The workaround seems to be to drag the children folders onto the new
parent and restart Evolution.  My users aren't very happy with this
workaround...

Has a bug been raised about this? (I haven't found anything on Google so
far)  Has anyone found a better workaround or way to fix it?

I can *not* duplicate this error:
Original:
drwx-w----  6 me me  4096 Sep 23  2005 .Newsletters.NY_Times/
drwx-w----  6 me me  4096 Sep  9  2005 .Newsletters.NY_Times.2001/
drwx-w----  6 me me  4096 Sep  9  2005 .Newsletters.NY_Times.2002/
drwx-w----  6 me me  4096 Sep  9  2005 .Newsletters.NY_Times.2003/
drwx-w----  6 me me  4096 Sep  9  2005 .Newsletters.NY_Times.2004/
drwx------  6 me me  4096 Feb 10 18:21 .Newsletters.NY_Times.2005/

Renamed:
drwx-w----  6 me me  4096 Apr 12 12:44 .Newsletters.NY_Times2/
drwx-w----  6 me me  4096 Apr 12 12:44 .Newsletters.NY_Times2.2001/
drwx-w----  6 me me  4096 Apr 12 12:44 .Newsletters.NY_Times2.2002/
drwx-w----  6 me me  4096 Apr 12 12:44 .Newsletters.NY_Times2.2003/
drwx-w----  6 me me  4096 Apr 12 12:44 .Newsletters.NY_Times2.2004/
drwx------  6 me me  4096 Apr 12 12:44 .Newsletters.NY_Times2.2005/

The problem is, though, that the NY_Times tree still exists,
according to Evolution (but not courier-IMAP).

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Rightly hating violence, [pacifists] do not wish to recognise
that it is integral to modern society and that their own fine
feelings and noble attitudes are all the fruit of injustice
backed up by force. They do not want to learn where their incomes
come from."
George Orwell