Re: [Evolution] InBox mail does not show

On Thu, 2006-04-13 at 11:14 +0100, laurie wrote:
Hi!

I like Evolution on my Debian Ubuntu desktop, but it only shows the
contents of some of the mail folders.  I have been forced to switch to
Thunderbird to read mail (and I am not happy with its Contacts management).
Using Evolution:-
The On This Computer  Inbox shows a welcoming email from The Evolution
Team, and no other emails.
The On This Computer  Sent folder shows the emails I have sent.

Using Thunderbird I can read the mails in all of about 20 folders.

Did you explicitly point Thunderbird at the local Evo Inbox? If not,
they are two different beasts so mail received in one will not be
visible to the other. This is not the case with IMAP folders of course.

Otherwise, two things to try:

1) View->Show Hidden Messages (maybe also deselect Hide Deleted
Messages)
2) Clear the Search box at the top of the message pane. On Evo 2.6 the
search box is distinctively coloured when there's something in it, but
in earlier versions it's not so obvious.

poc