[Evolution] devolution guide

Hi,

First, I confess I didn't search too hard for this one.  If this is a
faq, please point me to the right M (as in RTFM).

To summarize: I'm looking for "problem guide" when evolution goes bad.

I use evolution (2.4.21) regularly on gentoo linux.  It is  fine product
indeed, and provides great functionality for us linux users. Thank you
hardworking developers!!!

Yet periodically it becomes really unstable. Crashes every few minutes,
"loses connection to backend process", etc.

What's a guy/girl/humanoid to do? I've tried 'evolution
--force-shutdown' and then re-running evolution. Same thing happens. I
don't like rebooting my workstation, so I don't want to "just reboot"
and hope for the best.

Thanks,

Bill m