Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.4

Hi,
Anyway I'm seeing a few problems, probably mostly to do with the fact
I'm connecting to an Exchange 2003 server and the various issues with
that. The first problem I had was when I went to check/file bugs
against the package. As a separate package should it have a separate
component with bugzilla or should I search/file it under plain evo (or
something else)?

In bugzilla.gnome.org, you can file the bugs under "Connector" product.

Sure. There needs to be a 2.4.x version added and wouldn't it be more
intuitive if it was called evolution-connector in line with all the
other evo stuff.

OK here goes...
- I'm seeing bug #312747 when trying to move a recurring meeting from
my local calendar to the exchange calendar. Evo just locks solid.

This usually happens if the backend crashes. See if you can get the
traces of evolution-exchange process while you see this. The procedure
for taking backtraces is available here ...
http://live.gnome.org/GettingTraces

I've tried getting back traces before on 2.2.x using the doco here
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml but the problem I
kept running into is that e-d-s and evo-connector seem to get run up
elsewhere and when I run evo through gdb it takes ages and doesn't
always work at all. I'll give it another go but do I need to run e-d-s
and connector in separate gdb instances and if so what order do I run
them up.

- When I start evoution it asks me for a password for every part of
the exchange server. This includes mail, contacts, calendar, todo plus
any other of the afore mentioned that are in public folders. The
setting of the remember password option appears to make no
difference.

Yeah, the fix for this horrible behaviour was dropped off at the last
minute for some unavoidable reasons, but is being worked on and should
be available in 2.4.1

Yippee!

- Some times when I log in it comes back with incorrect password. I
then have to quit, kill e-d-s etc and then go back in to get it to
auth properly. Not sure if this is to do with the fact I'm using the
FC4 mozilla-nspr rather than the standalone naspr package.

Hmm, not sure, but please file a bug, and see if you can get some
E2K_DEBUG traces for this as mentioned at the bottom of this page
here ... http://gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml

I'll try but it seems to have settled down somewhat.

- When I accept a meeting to the exchange calendar it shows up but if
I quit and go back in its gone (haven't tried local).

Make sure that you have loaded Exchange calendar and authenticated to
it. Please file a bug if you still see this behaviour.

Yes I do, I also find that my exchange calendar doesn't alway appear
in the clock applet on the panel but my personal one always does. Will
play a bit more and then add some bugzilla fun!

Pete