Re: [Evolution] Compiling Evo

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 13:41 +0100, guenther wrote:
Note that the README for 2.5.1 is identical to that for 2.4.1. In
fact
I've been unable to compile 2.5.1 because of config errors. I'm
using
the exact same config options as for 2.4.1. An update to the README
would appear to be necessary.

Please note that 2.5.x is unstable development work in progress... ;)

Sure, but I've reported an apparent LDAP bug with 2.4 (and earlier) and
was asked to try 2.5.1 to see if it was fixed. So far I haven't been
able to.

BTW I don't use the CVS versions. I did try a year or so ago but it was
just too much pain; 36 modules to compile, and they never seemed all to
be in synch so I kept getting errors. Probably user error since I'm not
very familiar with CVS but I really didn't have the time to go into it.
Note that this was using what is apparently supposed to be the "easy
way", a script called jhbuild. Maybe the fact that I run KDE and not
Gnome had something to do with it.

poc