Re: [Evolution] duplicate inbox

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 13:56 +0530, Shreyas Sriniavasan wrote:
Hey,

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 13:10 -0500, Bob Cataldo wrote:
[snip]
I removed evolution with YAST and then searched and deleted all
evolution files/folders. I restarted my computer and reinstalled
evolution. When I set it up and log on, I get duplicate inboxes.

Did you delete .evolution in your /home?

Yes I deleted the .evolution folder in my home directory.

Which protocol are you using? ( IMAP i presume but still )
Which IMAP server ?

I am using GAIM which uses the evolution database. Could the problem be
with GAIM?
Any help would be appreciated. I am a Linux newbie, so please keep the
explanations simple.

Gaim probably uses the address book. I wouldn't assume its gaim's fault
with
such little information to go by,

I have no addresses in the address book - didn't import them yet.

Also if you are using IMAP-Protocol
you would rather
use IMAP provider than IMAP4. IMAP4 is not currently being worked upon
by any of the
developers.

We use MDAEMON for our mail server and it uses IMAP not IMAP4.

Cheers,
Shreyas

Evolution works fine - all the folders are there, the subscribed folders
on the mail server are there, sent mail folder, etc.. The only thing is
that the inbox shows up twice. Also, I have ran Evolution on Novell
Linux desktop 9.0 without sp1 and with sp1 and Evolution worked fine. I
also setup Evolution under Xandros 3.0 ( installed Xandros about 5 times
testing -and it worked fine for each install - same mail server in both
cases.

Unless I can figure out what is causing the problem, I have 3 choices -
ingore the problem ( not the right thing to do ), stop using Evolution
( does not solve the problem ), or erase SUSE 10.0 and reinstall ( last
resort I should not have to erase an OS just to get a mail program
functioning properly ).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bob