[Evolution] duplicate inbox

I have a strange problem with evolution. I connect to an imap server. I
just installed SUSE 10.0 - kde desktop - ( previously I have tested
Novell linux desktop and Xandros ).

When I installed Evolution and set up my preferences, the software
displays 2 duplicate inboxes. If I delete one of them, all my e-mails
are deleted in the second inbox.( good thing I saves a copy locally )

In evolution right now, I show 2 inboxes. one shows 5 unread messages
( I read all the incoming mail ) and the 2nd one shows no new messages
( I have the 1st inbox open ).

When I log into my mail using Thunderbird, everything is normal. The
same thing when using a browser and reading mail as a remote user.

I removed evolution with YAST and then searched and deleted all
evolution files/folders. I restarted my computer and reinstalled
evolution. When I set it up and log on, I get duplicate inboxes.

I am using GAIM which uses the evolution database. Could the problem be
with GAIM?
Any help would be appreciated. I am a Linux newbie, so please keep the
explanations simple.

Thanks
Bob Cataldo