Re: [Evolution] Typing 8-bit characters in Evolution's Composer?

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 06:49 +1000, Felix Karpfen wrote:
How is it done?

Every <mail|news> program that I have used until now provided a
default editor and gave the option to use an external editor.

If Evolution provides a similar option, I (a recent arrival) have
failed to find it.

It doesn't. Join the crowd :-(

If the option does not exist, how do I enter 8-bit
characters into the supplied Composer from a US keyboard?  It is an
option that I need relatively rarely, but I would like to be prepared.

Same way you do it anywhere else in your Desktop. It's not an
Evo-specific thing. I type most of my mail in Spanish (see: ÃÃÃÃÃÃÃÂÂ).
I just use the KDE utility (under Control Panel -> Regional and
Accessibility -> Keyboard Layout) to select "US English w/ Dead Keys" as
my default and that's it. I assume Gnome must have something similar but
I don't use it.

poc