Re: [Evolution] Typing 8-bit characters in Evolution's Composer?

On Tue, 2005-11-08 at 07:30 -0400, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

I just use the KDE utility (under Control Panel -> Regional and
Accessibility -> Keyboard Layout) to select "US English w/ Dead Keys" as
my default and that's it. I assume Gnome must have something similar but
I don't use it.

Yes, there is something similar, in fact can be included in the toolbar
and I can set it up to switch between US English and US English w/ dead
keys - useful since half of my mail is in Italian. However, if this is a
once-in-a-while need, I suggest using the character map tool that come
with the desktop, cutting & pasting the one character you need.

--
Alessio Bragadini <alessio sevenseas org>
Sevenseas.org Hacking Community