Re: [Evolution] Address Book

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 14:15, guenther wrote:
Could you post a link or web site for the latest Ximian Evolution for
Redhat Linux 2.4.20? Basically I found Ximian Evolution for Suse Linux
so far in my search.

RH 2.4.20? Dude, I hope this is referring to the kernel version, rather
than the RH version... ;-)

The latest version (available as sources) along with a lot of more info
is mentioned on the Evo project web site:

  http://gnome.org/projects/evolution/

Well, if anyone cares to finally apply my version-bump patch, before
2.4.2 gets released... *poke*

Regarding packages for RH, this pretty much depends on the actual RH
version. I don't know RH specific sources, sorry.

...guenther

Hi Guenther
How do you figure out the Red Hat version from the command line?
I downloaded the wares and ran configure. I am enclosing the error
message so help can be found. Please note that I'm interested in only
a client. I don't know what the server is.

Many thanks!

<begin error message from configure>
Package gnome-icon-theme was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gnome-icon-theme.pc'
No package 'gnome-icon-theme' found
configure: error: Package requirements (gnome-icon-theme >= 1.2.0) were
not met.Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if
you

Alternatively you may set the GIT_CFLAGS and GIT_LIBS environment
variables
to avoid the need to call pkg-config.  See the pkg-config man page for
more details.

<end error message>

Murthy
They are intended for the named recipient(s) only.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to anyone or make copies.

** This e-mail  has been scanned for viruses, vandals and malicious content. **