[Evolution] Problems connecting to Exchange server

I'm running Gentoo Linux, evolution 2.0.4, and ximian-connector 2.0.2-r1. I'm trying to connect to an Exchange 2003 server and I'm getting an incorrect-password error.

I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) that OWA is required for the connector to work. I suspect, from my coworkers' Outlook settings, that OWA is disabled. But if I attempt to connect to http://exchangeservername/exchange I get a connection and basic auth prompt. Does this mean OWA is enabled after all, or am I just engaging in wishful thinking?

--
Don Doumakes