Re: [Evolution] Help me switch to evolution
- From: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
- To: Craig White <craigwhite azapple com>
- Cc: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj novell com>, evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Help me switch to evolution
- Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:38:33 -0400
On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 14:08 -0700, Craig White wrote:
I was very unhappy with Evo 2.0.2 on FC3 and then I switched IMAP
from UW-IMAP to Cyrus-imapd and it would seem as though it's a brand
turbo charged evo. Granted that this was no easy chore but it does pay
dividends...uw-imap is tired and old and cranky.
We've been on Cyrus for about two years (4000 active users, 10000 total
accounts) and are happy with it. The biggest problem was converting many
huge mboxes (300MB!) from uw-imap without downtime, so we're running
both at once and using Perdition to redirect each user to the right one
while we convert a few more mailboxes every weekend. Slooooowww.
Evo is still slower than TBird though.
] [Thread Prev