Re: [Evolution] Viewing messages in preview pane

Pete Biggs wrote:

Since I upgraded to 2.0.2 I am occasionally getting "blank" messages in
the preview pane. I see the headers and then a blank white narrow
rectangle rather than the message. If I open the message into its own
window I can then see the entire message. So far I have not been able to
detect a pattern as to what is triggering this behaviour.

Yes, I see it too.  It seems to be mainly for largeish messages,
although 'large' might be only 5k!  I think it may be to do with the
time it takes for a message to get downloaded - it's as if there's a
timeout that's set too short somewhere.  I find if you just go to a
different message and then back again it's displayed correctly - if the
focus is in the right place ( :-) ) just doing up-arrow, down-arrow
quickly will display the message.

Hummm... only pattern I have seen so far is that it seems to occur of
all of Not Zed's replies of late. Even the really short ones so it does
not seem to be size related in my case. Also, flipping to a different
message in the preview pane does not seem to resolve it. Opening the
message in a separate message window (or whatever is is called) always
does.

Evo is 2.0.3 on FC3 - server is UW-IMAP on EL3.  My folders are not big!

I am running FC3, updated via yum pointing at the standard servers and
only seeing 2.0.2. Why are you getting 2.0.3 from?

cheers,
bj

--
Brad Warkentin Rogers com