[Evolution] Performance problems Evolution <-> IMAPS

I have a PII 350 MHz with courier-imap. I have my e-mail on this system
and have Evolution running on another system. (Both are on my internal
network.) Most of the time there is not a problem, but sometimes it can
take up to a few minutes to fetch a folder or a message text. When I
then run top on the e-mail server, I see that it is almost 0% idle and
imapd is taking about all the resources of the system. Anybody an idea
what could be the problem?

--
Cecil Westerhof <CecilWesterhof xs4all nl>