Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.0 + MailDir format

On Tue, 2005-03-01 at 11:41 +0800, Not Zed wrote:

Now, There is a workaround as I found on a post from guenther dated
Jan-05-2005. The workaround is rather crude but works, it entails
creating a separate Account, and making the "receiving server" to be
maildir format directories.

Why is that crude?  This is a better method since it exposes the data
to external applications as well.  The other way was a bit silly as it
was entirely internal.

Well compared to the previous style, this is considered crude. What is
the other method? Are you referencing the 1.4.x method? I kinda like
that. Users get to specify a per-folder basis.

That is just stupid over-engineering.

Maybe to you, but to us regular users, the 1.x way was *perfect*,
simple, straight-forward and darned useful.

Why?  It did not mix up "retrieval" and "storage".  No need for
filters to forward messages from here to there.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

ACHTUNG - ALLES LOOKENPEEPERS
Das Machine is nicht fur gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist
easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren musten keepen das cotten-pickenen hands
in das pockets - relaxen und watchen das blinkenlights.