Re: [Evolution] Evo 2.0 + MailDir format

> > Now, There is a workaround as I found on a post from guenther dated
> > Jan-05-2005. The workaround is rather crude but works, it entails
> > creating a separate Account, and making the "receiving server" to be
> > maildir format directories.

> Why is that crude?  This is a better method since it exposes the data
> to external applications as well.  The other way was a bit silly as it
> was entirely internal.

Well compared to the previous style, this is considered crude. What is
the other method? Are you referencing the 1.4.x method? I kinda like
that. Users get to specify a per-folder basis.
That is just stupid over-engineering.
> > I would like to go to the path of a Local IMAP server, but find that
> > that might be overkill for a Laptop system. :-D

> Why would that be any less crude than just setting up a 'local maildir' account?

There's the additional overhead of setting up a IMAP server. I think I
can go to the dovecot path it, being less hassle to set-up but given the
choice, I think I will go to postfix+cyrus. (right now it's sendmail)

So, it would be mroe crude then.

> > Its hard to distinguish from the address book who is whom since all I
> > get is "Heng, Ow"
> I think you have to edit the 'file as' entry manually.

If thats the case, I might really not have an option since it's a
company LDAP directory. The thing is, in 1.4.x it shows the full name
when I do a search in the GAL,(addressbook) but in 2.0 it doesn't show
up as that.

Did you file a bug?