Re: [Evolution] IMAP questions

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 15:42 +0200, Thomas Emmel wrote:
Hi Jeffrey,

I switched to IMAP as you suggested but I had initially switched to
IMAP4rev1
since there is a folder that I like to see but therefore I have to
change the namespace.
If I do that I can see that folder but evolution says that it cannot see
the folders under INBOX anymore....
If I use the default namespace I can see again my folders in INBOX but
the others not.
That was working with IMAP4rev1.

Well I have no idea on this, being the first i've heard of it.  I didn't
think the imap4 code did any more namespace stuff than the imap code
does, i.e. 1 namespace only.

BTW, why do I allways have to stop evolution, kill all evolution- and
gconf-processes
delete the /tmp/orbit-* /tmp/gconfd-* ~/.evolution/mail/imap*-folders to
get these changes
activated???

You don't.  Most of those should just work if you change the settings
(changing server type should definitely), and at most exit and restart
of evolution itself only.

And , in addition, this works only in 1 of 4 attempts? Where is the
cache that I have forgotten
to delete? Where are the passwords of evolution stored?

Passwords are in ~/.gconf2_private/