[Evolution] IMAP questions

Hi there,

after more than five years of disconnection to that list I will start to
bother you again with some questions ;-)

First of all: how active is the development of evolution now?
It seems to me that there is a bit the kick left over the years and
since Novell aquired Ximian
there are a lot of links going to dead ends...

Now my main question:
We just started to change our e-mail-server from pop to imap4 but it
seems to me that
the implementation of imap in evolution is a bit poor since I get a lot
of crashes here and have a lot of problems to connect properly or see my
folders and so on.
However, there are a lot of things I like in evolution and I don't want
to switch to anything else
if I can avoid that but thunderbird and kmail and felamimail and all the
others don't make such a trouble with imap.

Is there anything I can do or you can do for me?

Unfortunatelly I am currently running evo on a suse93/opteron and I lost
all my old red-carpet-channels for an update to a newer version. Does
anyone know a location to connect to to get the current snapshots of
evolution?

Kind regards

Thomas

--