Re: [OT] Re: [Evolution] strategies for handling lots of mail
- From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow Mun Heng wdc com>
- To: Lee Revell <rlrevell joe-job com>
- Cc: evolution lists ximian com
- Subject: Re: [OT] Re: [Evolution] strategies for handling lots of mail
- Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 12:38:35 +0800
On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 00:12 -0400, Lee Revell wrote:
On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 11:49 +0800, Ow Mun Heng wrote:
Well, "redesign" means ... well, redesign. i.e.
What sort of re-design? Need any input??
Why don't you use Maildir instead of mbox for local storage? It scales
to way more messages, provided you have a decent file system...
maildir would be nice but it (may) causes some issues when I want to
archive the messages into CD (with mbox I can just save the whole file
and re-use it from the CD, I think).
I use XFS as my home-dir so it's supposed to be better for large files
rather than reiserfs (been bitten so.. I"m not going there)
Ow Mun Heng
Gentoo/Linux on DELL D600 1.4Ghz 1.5GB RAM
98% Microsoft(tm) Free!!
Neuromancer 12:36:37 up 4:31, 5 users, load average: 1.05, 0.70, 0.43
] [Thread Prev