Re: [OT] Re: [Evolution] strategies for handling lots of mail

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 19:01 +0300, Yavor Doganov wrote:
В сб, 2005-06-25 в 14:51 +0800, Not Zed написа:

Offtopic, i'm just curious ... How can you possibly have (and manage -
and have time left over to do anything other than move mails around)
2000 folders of critical mail?

I couldn't find another way, as 99.95% of the business people send
crippled mail, break threads, don't respect subjects, etc. Most of them
also think that an e-mail should look like their company headed paper
that they had in the 70's. Lotus Notes and MS Outlook are the first in
my hate list, but the main issue is lack of culture among the corporate
users. It is impossible to sort efficiently such messages, even with
Evo...

On a more important note, how many total messages is that?  And how many
vfolders do you have?

Approximately 30,000 messages in ~1.5 GB disk space (there are
attachments, mainly scanned documents). I have 8 vFolders, not much, but
enough for my case.

Oh, "bugger all", i've got 250K odd messages here.  Just a lot fewer
folders.

I've been radically redesigning the way mail information is stored and I
guess I need to make sure it scales well this far and beyond.

I don't know about the new features in CVS, but I'm pretty happy with
the present state (all my colleagues as well).

Well, "redesign" means ... well, redesign.   i.e. not the same no more.

I guess we'll see how it goes once its out there.