[Evolution] Re: Evolution Setup Wizard after upgrade?

Okay, after doing a bit more digging I figured it out
-- just needed to recopy my .gconf/evolution/* back
into my home directory again (after making sure no
gnome processes were still running).

The reason I ran into this is that I tried to run
evolution after restoring my home directory, but the
restore missed installing hidden files/directories.
After I went back and did that, gconf still had the
2.2.1 version strings (maybe it flushed after I
overwrote the file?), and so it still wanted to run
the wizard.

Anyway, this isn't the smoothest or, it seems, the
most intuitive way to fix the problem -- is there some
other scheme that can be used so that users don't
"lose" their configs so often?

  Lenny

--- Lenny G Arbage <alengarbage yahoo com> wrote:

After reimaging my box and restoring my home
directory, evolution wants to go through the setup
wizard instead of just taking what I have in
~/.evolution and ~/.gnome2_private/Evolution.
Permissions all look good, and from the output on
stdout/err it looks like it does go into
~/.evolution
on startup (complains about "Invalid root" on my
local/*.ibex.index files), but then goes immediately
into wizard mode.

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong for it not to just
start up with my existing configs?

Thanks,
Lenny

Discover Yahoo!
Have fun online with music videos, cool games, IM
and more. Check it out!
http://discover.yahoo.com/online.html

Discover Yahoo!
http://discover.yahoo.com/