Re: [Evolution] why is reply-to not to the list? (I will be out of the office the week of May 30th)

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 17:32 -0600, Tim Finley wrote:
I will be on vacation the week of May 30th and unavailable.  If you
are trying to contact me regarding a Service Request or some other
reason, please contact my manager David Warden 801-861-3015.

The message that I've replied to is one of the reasons why mailing lists
should not fuck with either the reply-to or from headers - because every
idiot in the world thinks they know how to make an autoreply and 99% of
them get it wrong!  Putting the list post address in the from or reply-
to means badly implemented software sends autoreplies to the list.  And
you know that because it was badly implemented it won't rate limit etc.

If you are really lucky it gets into a full scale autoreply loop with
itself.

        Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham           Nigel Metheringham InTechnology co uk ]