Re: [Evolution] Crash on start with X Error: BadAccess

On Tue, Jul 19, 2005 at 04:33:21PM -0400, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
are you using a gtk theme that makes gtk widgets look/act like Qt/kde
widgets? That's what it looks like from the errors printed to the
console. I would suggest disabling gtk themes and seeing if that
resolves the issue. I know at one point, a lot of KDE users submitted
bugs about Evolution crashing when they used some sort of gtk theme that
used a kludgy hack to make gtk draw to the screen using the Qt libs
which would often cause segfaults and/or fun X errors.

I'm not deliberately using any theme, though I know KDE has a tendency
to do things behind my back.  At any rate, the downgrade I just
reported fixed the problem.

Thanks for your quick response.