Re: [Evolution] cleaning up old data

On Tue, 2005-07-19 at 12:05 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
All the data is in .evolution or evolution so you can't possibly have
any of it anymore.

It is probably the settings, they are in gconf.  And yes, the
registry-like nature of gconf was always warned about and turned out to
be a a valid warning.

Fortunately, gconf is (at least to me) much more rational than
the Windows registry.

After you --purge evo, it should be relatively easy to go into
the gconf editor and zap the whole apps/evolution tree.

In Debian Sid, w/ GNOME 2.10, the gconf editor is at:
foot->System Tools->Configuration Editor.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"A wise government knows how to enforce with temper, or to
conciliate with dignity."
George Grenville, British prime minister