Re: [Evolution] Re: Hyperlinks

* Roland Orre <orre bacon su se> написа:

This doesn't solve the problem. First I can not configure whatever
browser I want, I can not tell e.g.
update-alternatives --config x-www-browser /usr/local/bin/firefox
and if I do
update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
it says:
There is only 1 program which provides x-www-browser
(/usr/bin/mozilla-firefox). Nothing to configure.

Then there is no alternative, the packaging system doesn't know about
your stuff in /usr/local. You have only one browser.

I have several browsers under /usr/local/ which I don't want to mix
with the installation from the distribution and I guess I should not
go and change the link /etc/alternatives/x-www-browser manually,
that is at least as dirty.

Yes, don't touch it, /etc/alternatives is meant to deal only with
packages.

Anyway, if I use this and sets the browser in
gnome->System->Preferences->Preferred Applications to
sensible-browser %s then it occasionally tries to start a new
browser application from evolution, depending on how I have started
the browser before, apart from that it opens the new page in the
last opened browser window in the same workspace as I'm running the
browser. This is not what I want. I want a new fresh window in the
current workplace where I'm running evolution.

This depends on your Firefox' settings. My preference is to open new
links in new tabs on the workspace where I run the browser. Just open
"Advanced Settings" of Firefox' Preferences and mark the box to open
links from external applications in new window. Then if you click on a
link in Evo, a new Firefox window will be open on the same workspace
as is Evo.

Are you sure?
As I remember I could not get it working nicely in debian either after
switching to cups. But obviously firefox is not compiled with xprint
nowadays (not in the downloads from mozilla.org at least).

Yes, I'm sure. Debian's Firefox is compiled with Xprint and xprint is
part of x-window-system so should be normally installed on a Debian
workstation. It works perfectly with a CUPS server. I've heard Fedora
people are having trouble with Firefox printing.

--
Regards,
Yavor Doganov           JID: doganov jabber minus273 org