Re: [Evolution] (bug!) Emacs keys again...

On Tue, 5 Jul 2005, Kaushal Kumar wrote:
Roland Orre wrote:
Now I've cleary found that the key issue is a bug in evolution!
On new mail the second time, is the value of gconftool-2 -s
/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_key_theme Emacs or it is reset to Default?

also, please point me to the updated file you are using as
GNOME_GtkHTML_Editor-emacs.

This is the one I currently use:
http://www.neurologic.se/misc/GNOME_GtkHTML_Editor-emacs.xml

I think that is actually the default gtkhtml one.

On new mail the second time, is the value of gconftool-2 -g
/desktop/gnome/interface/gtk_key_theme Emacs or it is reset to Default?

The gnome/gtk settings doesn't change. It is still set to Emacs
and it only it is only evolution, which is affected. Other
applications work.

finally, the keybindings which appear to be emacs specific (i.e. which
are not same as ms keybindings) are very few in the *-emacs.xml file of
gtkhtml. can you give some examples of the keybindings which are
failing. Thanks.

Yes, I know. I haven't bothered much about it, I intended to do someth
about the general key settings later. It was only when the most basic
keys ^A,^F,^B,^P,^N,^E,^K,^Y stopped working in evolution after my
upgrade to 2.2.1.1 it became serious.

The general key binding issue for gtk applications need to be fixed
I think. I can't use e.g. thunderbird of the same reason. I also
suggest that an application should be able to start a custom
specified editing client, like a full emacs client, which you can
do when using pine for instance, that is convenient.

        Best regards
        Roland Orre