Re: [Evolution] Re: Evo wish list - word wrap in view pane ?

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 09:04 -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 13:36 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
No there isn't.

It is up to the sender of the mail to properly specify how the mail
should be presented, and we honour most of the known ways for doing
that.

e.g. it is no use wrapping a text table, it would become unreadable.

IMO, and to slightly paraphrase, the perfect is the enemy of the
good.

I *very* rarely get text tables, but I regularly receive emails
from MUAs like Sylpheed.  Those emails display in Evo as One Really
Long Line per paragraph.

For plain text that the client wants wrapped, there is a very simple
property they set on the content-type; format="flowed".  That is it, see
rfc2646, specifically section 3.  It is trivial to add, and i'm
surprised Sylpheed isn't doing this already.  Of course if it is adding
it and we are not honouring it, then it is clearly a bug.

Paul, I really have no idea whether this is what Sylpheed is sending out
or not, but if it is, I'd appreciate it if you could consider addressing
it as an interoperability issue, thanks.

 Michael