Re: [Evolution] Importing from evolution to evolution

On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 16:06 +0200, Pierre-Charles David wrote:
Hi.

I've been using Evolution at home and at school for years, and I'd like
to merge the school install (not used anymore) into my home install.
I've got the .evolution folder, but I don't see any obvious way to do
the merge/import. Ideally, I'd like File > Import to ask me for the
location of that Evolution folder and import it automatically.

Is there another way besides the cumbersome manual import of the actual
mbox files one by one ? Would a plain copy of the files mess the
metadata ?

Yes, it would be nice.  File a wishlist bug.  The question will
be whether it is a high-enough priority to get done any time "soon".

In the mean time, this *might* be faster:
1. Make any new folders in home Evo
2. --force-shutdown home Evo
3. rm all the home *cmeta *ev-summary *ibex.index* files (don't
   forget sub-directories).
4. "cat >>" the school mboxes to the proper home mbox files.
5. restart home Evo.

It will recreate the metadata files.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Cocaine isn't habit forming. I should know - I've been using it
for years."
Tallulah Bankhead