Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.2 Start-up Crash and Problem Solving Process (Mac OS X)

I think that was my own fault. I migrated from Win to
Mac only a month ago and haven't really had the need
to learn how the "engine" has structured. So when I
started Evolution I looked for the a file under the
Applications folder and found that applet that seemed
to open the application (exactly the same than just
double-clicking the icon under GUI).

Now I located the following bin file:
/opt/gnome-2.10/bin/evolution-2.2

When trying to run it without dgb I'm getting the
following output:

-----8<----------------------------------
(evolution-2.2:3846): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find
the icon 'stock_mail'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:

http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases
es menu class init
adding hook target 'source'

(evolution-2.2:3846): camel-CRITICAL **:
camel_object_is: assertion `o != NULL' failed

camel-ERROR **: file camel-internet-address.c: line
328 (camel_internet_address_get): assertion failed:
(CAMEL_IS_INTERNET_ADDRESS(a))
aborting...
Abort trap
-----8<----------------------------------

With dgb it looks pretty much the same:
-----8<----------------------------------
(evolution-2.2:3897): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find
the icon 'stock_mail'
'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:

http://freedesktop.org/Software/icon-theme/releases
es menu class init
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done
[...]

(evolution-2.2:3897): camel-CRITICAL **:
camel_object_is: assertion `o != NULL' failed

camel-ERROR **: file camel-internet-address.c: line
328 (camel_internet_address_get): assertion failed:
(CAMEL_IS_INTERNET_ADDRESS(a))
aborting...

0x90018df8 in semaphore_signal_trap ()
(gdb)
-----8<----------------------------------

Hope this would take us forward.

Thanks,

...toni

--- Not Zed <notzed ximian com> wrote:

Oddly enough, evolution-2.2 isn't called
'Contents/MacOS/applet'.  I
have NFI what that is.

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 11:44 -0700, Toni Eliasz
/Applications/Evolution.app/Contents/MacOS/applet
Reading symbols for shared libraries . done

Yahoo! Sports
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com