[Evolution] migrating locally stored messages and contacts

I have a older machine running Evolution 1.4.6 and I'd like to move the locally stored messages and contacts to a new machine I just built that's running Evolution 2.0.2.

The directory and file structure between the two versions of Evolution seems to be different enough at first glance that a straight copy of the files from the source machine to the destination machine will not work.

Does anyone have any pointers on the best/cleanest way to migrate my locally stored messages to the new Evolution layout?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

jms