Re: [Evolution] imap error message is annoying

That is an excellent suggestion, but unfortunately that was the first
thing I tried.  The server disconnects after ~10 minutes regardless of
whether or not you are idle.  Thus changing the mail checking interval
doesn't have any effect.

The other pair of error messages is:
'Error while Scanning folders in "IMAP server cruzmail.ucsc.edu".
Server unexpectedly disconnected: Connection timed out.'

and,

'Error while Pinging IMAP server cruzmail.ucsc.edu. Success.'

The point is that these are ridiculous messages and I would like to
remove them.  It doesn't seem right that a user should get 2 errors
every ten minutes when everything is working normally--other mail
clients do not do this.

If no one is interested in doing this, I am more than happy to.
However, if someone could kindly point me to the right way of doing this
(i.e. where in the code to look, etc.) that would be helpful.  There is
frankly a lot of code to muck through and I don't really want to have to
figure everything out just to make a small change that someone could
probably easily point me to.

Thanks.

-Jay