Re: [Evolution] Evolution 2.0 is a great PIM but misses too much

On Thu, 2005-02-10 at 10:30 +0400, Kevin Verma wrote:
On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 17:24 -0700, JP Rosevear wrote:
On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 13:28 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
we have a fair number of importers. what ones are missing?
Kontact/Kmail

What format are Kontact & Kmail files in?  I know nothing about them,
but I would be surprised if they don't use standard vcf / ics /mbox
things at least as an option.

Well, a) they are bit rotting and b) we don't have many that do a good
job of importing a complete set of information.  I've already got a
refresh of this on the list for 2.4, it remains to be seen what apps
we'll cover exactly.
By the way KDE now has fully integrated PIM, Kontact. I've never had PDA
sync failure for my Palm Zire 72 with Kontact, and never succeed with
Evolution.

I will stick to Evolution because its UI is much more appealing than
Kontact, however evolution only has fewer options. Kontact has a docker
app and evolution has none.

I'm not really up on KDE as I use Gnome almost exclusively, but aren't
dockers a KDE function, whereas evolution is a Gnome app.  From my point
of view, Evo integrates very well into the Gnome desktop - including
being able to access Evo calendars & to do lists from the calendar
applet.  I suppose I could equally as well complain that Kmail and so on
are deficient because they don't integrate into the Gnome environment.

P.