Re: [Evolution] multiple inboxs

JP Rosevear wrote:

On Wed, 2005-02-09 at 16:32 -0600, David Miller wrote:
I use Fedora Core 3
Have Evolution 2.0.2
For years I have used Mozilla for mail and jpilot for my palm.
I have several email accounts and have a seperate inbox for each in Mozilla.
If I have a folder in a given account and select compose the message is automatically sent from that account.

I decided to try looking at Evolution so that I can use one package for both. When I setup more than one account in evolution all the messages go into the same inbox, while I would like to have seperate inboxes. When I select the help I see an image that shows seperate inboxes for accounts but for some reason I am unable to find how to configure this.

You are probably seeing IMAP accounts.  All mail stored locally in
evolution is stored in one set of folders no matter how many pop
accounts you have.  If you want separate inboxes I would suggest either
a) setting up an incoming filter based on source to move it or b) using
vfolders.

-JP
The only problem I find of moving email from different accounts to different folders using filters, is that once you have the emails in the new folder you can't apply filters to that folder automaticaly again, can you? So you move the emails from one particular account into one folder and then there're no more filters available to sort out that folder, automaticaly. With Vfolders I find basicaly the same because filters are applyed automaticaly either to incoming or outgoing email only, not to other folders.

Ligius