[Evolution] how to upgrade to the upcoming version of Evolution?

the stable versions also do fix a lot of bugs. to which bugs exactly do
you refer to? what is it that makes you unhappy? :-)

Ummm, I forgot exactly what bug in particular I was told would be fixed in this version. I think it was the minor issue of how modifying categories is not permanent. That is but a minor issue. What I am dreaming would be fixed are the syncing issues with my pocket pc. When I make changes to an appointment that is already in both my pda and my Evo, the modifications are not reflected in the other end. If I make a totally new appointment, that new appointment will be copied over to the other end. But when I make changes to that, it won't sync. I don't know if the issue lies with Evo, or with the syncing libraries(synce, multisync, opensync)