Re: [Evolution] toolbar display text

On Fri, 2005-08-12 at 14:06 +0800, Gavin Chester wrote:

The problem _seems_ to centre on evo to have got rid of its own control
for the toolbar.  I can change it with galeon because it has kept its
own toolbar control :-/  It's also not a fault of Xfce4 (as far as I
see) because I have a copy of evo on one PC with text AND icons
inherited by upgrading from earlier evo versions.

So, still looking for an "evolution-specific,
window-manager-independent" way of changing evo's toolbar.  All
suggestions welcome :-)

"Use the source, Luke." ;-)

Seriously, changing the gconf setting _should_ help, but it's probably
not picked up by gconfd (GNOME apps use gconfd to interact with the
gconf settings; gconfd likes to keep stuff in memory instead of
re-parsing XML files).

You might try a "pkill gconfd" on the user's system and then restart
evolution. That _should_ start a new instance of gconfd as well and it
_should_ pick up the changes. (I just confirmed it with gnome-terminal
settings)

Let me know if this works for you.

Steven

--
"Friends, Romans, countrymen! Leave me alone!" --  Bucky Katt