Re: [Evolution] Duplicate Views in 'Contacts'

hi colin,

Am Donnerstag, den 11.08.2005, 08:40 +0200 schrieb Colin J. Raven:
1. Fonts (This may be something I should ask in the Xandros or kde
forums, but here goes anyway)
Not evo fonts, but system display fonts.
My desktop resolution is set to 1152 x 870 but the evo toolbar(s) and
general interface display as if they were at a much lower resolution. Is
there a config file I should be tweaking that would make the evo
interface correspond more closely to the desktop settings?

evolution is a gnome application, therefore it accepts your gnome
settings. it won't care about your kde settings. :-)
hmm. you can change gnome's menubar and toolbar *font* in the gconf (a
kind of registry for gnome) by changing the key
"/desktop/gnome/interface/font_name". evolution's email body font is
stored at the directory "/apps/evolution/mail/display/fonts".
you can edit gconf graphically by using "gconf-editor" or at the shell
by "gconftool-2".
if the entire ui is way too big, there's also a gnome setting for the
screen resolution (perhaps that's your point) at the directory
"/desktop/gnome/screen/default/0/" ("default" and "0" may vary i guess).
and no, gnome's settings aren't only available by hacking gconf, one can
also access some of these items by the gnome control center (but since
you're running kde, i don't know which parts of gnome are installed on
your computer, so i thought i'd write the save way). ;-)
since parts of gconf are stored in memory it *can* happen that values do
get reset; write again if that happens (i'm hungry and want to eat now -
so i'm not going to write that down here :-).

2. Contacts:
If I create a contact then choose "add to address book"

where do you do that?! i thought "add to address book" only exists in
the mailer when right-clicking on an email address? please explain that.

This email proudly sent using Ximian Evolution
http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/features/evolution.html
"Outlook without the sad outlook of Outlook"

hehe. cool. look out.

cheers,
andre
--