Re: [Evolution] Suspending/resuming

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 20:42 +0530, Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:
Hi Koen,

 Which version of evolution are you using ?

On Thu, 2005-08-04 at 12:31 +0200, Koen Vermeer wrote:

So, I was wondering, should I consider this a bug (meaning that I cannot
really do anything about it and that it may 'just work' in future
versions)?
there isn't any desktop-wide standard yet on how an application might
know if the network has gone down (as a whole) or if it is just its
connection with a given server that is somehow in trouble.

Then Evo should not spam the console with "No route to host" or "Failure
in name resolution" dialogs if there's a transient network problem.  It
should just silently fail, and resume when the network comes back.

This isn't just a problem for suspend/resume, if you just have a flaky
network connection or unplug the machine for a bit you have to dismiss a
bunch of dialogs.

Lee