Re: [Evolution] Is it possible to store foldes using Symbolic Link?

It isn't the softlink that is the problem, it is the filesystem, I guess
it doesn't support locking or doesn't fail in a way we expect when it
doesn't.  Mounting will not make any difference.

You could instead setup a new maildir account, and just store your mail
there instead of 'on this computer'.  That will probbly work on a fat
filesystem.