[Evolution] LDAPS in Evolution 2.2.1.1: Working?

Hello everyone,

Has anyone managed to get Evolution 2.2.1.1 (contained in Ubuntu Hoary) to access an LDAP server via SSL (port 636)?

I got Evolution up and running with plain LDAP (port 389), but do not know how to switch to LDAPS. Switching the port alone to 636 does not help. "Use secure connection: always" does not help either. I keep getting the message "Error loading addressbook".

My servers SSL key is self-signed, but not signed by a CA. I don't mind if Evolution would ask to accept the certificate, like Thunderbird does. But Evolution doesn't.

Regards,

Andreas