Re: [Evolution] Evolution Update

hi frank,

Am Mittwoch, den 27.07.2005, 15:44 -0700 schrieb Frank Jahnke:
I am looking to update Evolution from 1.4 to 2.2 as part of a major
upgrade from FreeBSD 5.2.1 to 6.0.  I would like to retain passwords and
bookmarks as part of the upgrade (I have backups).  Joe Markus Clarke
suggested that I try this list for advice; please copy me on any replies
as I don't read this list regularly.

I have restored the file structure and files to my home directory, and
Evolution did not recognize any of the pre-existing files.  Might
someone here be able to help me restore the information that works with
1.4?  It need not be convenient.

I thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Evolution 2.0 and later stores your data in "$HOME/.evolution/", your
account settings in "$HOME/.gconf/apps/evolution" and your passwords in
"$HOME/.gnome2_private/Evolution". Also, SSL Certificates are stored in
"$HOME/.camel_certs".
Note that Evolution 1.4 used to use "$HOME/evolution/" instead of
"$HOME/.evolution/".

when starting evolution 2.x for the first time, evolution normally
migrates its data on its own.
so please explain *exactly* what you are trying to do and what you
already have done. :-)

thanks & good luck,
andre

--