Re: [Evolution] cannot change smtp port

On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 13:14 +0530, Not Zed wrote:

Where are you removing the explicit port number from?  Are you sure
the port number you're using has an smtp server running on it?

There are no known issues here, and 2.0.4 has been around for a
relatively long time.

it does not work. i may try to send a mail with the server set to -
smtp.mailserver.org:25 - which does not work. so, the mail stands in the
outbox but can't be sent. now, if i remove the port number the mails can
be sent.

yes, i'm very sure the port number i specify has a smtp server running
on it. as i said, try it yourself with the port 25. i'm still able to
send my mails specifying the port number with evo-1.4.

maybe the bug is not just in that but in combination with ssl. i use ssl
only.

Oh, right.  Well SSL SMTP doesn't run on port 25 by default, so when
you're specifying port 25, you're probably specifying a port the
server isn't listening on, if the server ONLY supports ssl.  smtps is
on port 465.

well, you're right of course (my bad i didn't realize that). as of
evo-1.4 i just set smtp.server.org:25 even with ssl only. well, setting
it (correctly) to smtp.server.org:465 works on evo-2.0.4.

thanks a lot.

with best regards
blinkeye