[Evolution] Re: New evolution user questions

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 14:50:25 +0800, Not Zed wrote:
On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 18:44 +0100, Michael Graham wrote:
I have just started using evolution (mostly because it can write to my
ldap server) and have a few questions, and was wonder if anyone would be
kind enough to answer them.

What is the purpose of the "On This Computer" mailbox? I assumed that it
would look at /var/mail but it doesn't (or does it and I'm just being
rubbish?) and if doesn't can I get rid of it?

It is evolution's local store.  It is the default location for pop and
locally delivered email.  It cannot be removed.

The default location? Whenever I add any account the default has always
been the e-mail address. But I've managed to get it to read my local mail
to there by changing the default location -- My e-mail address -- to the
"default" location -- "On This Computer". But it was in no way clear that
I would be able to do that.

I've noticed that evolution creates a "Junk" (virtual?) folder but I
haven't asked evolution not to check for spam so why does it create
that folder? Again can I get rid of it?

It cannot be removed.

That is... disappointing.

--
OoberMick
"The inhabitants of the earth are of two sorts: